Monday 19 November 2012

Sicky Bad...

Hello lovelies,


Unfortunately I won't make it in to school today due to a horrible tummy bug, but I have left some work for you to complete in my absence.

Today I want you to focus on the representation of disability in TV drama.

In his 1991 study, Paul Hunt identified certain stereotypes that the media use to represent disability:

As a pitiable or pathetic

An object of curiosity of violence

Sinister or evil

Awkward atmosphere

Laughable

His/her own worst enemy

As a burden

Being unable to participate in daily life

You might want to discuss some of Hunt's findings as part of your analysis/argument/development (are any of his findings evident within the media text? If so, how are they communicated?)


I want you to analyse the clip below and write a response to the following

Discuss the ways in which the extract constructs the representation of disability using the following:


  • Camera shots, angles, movement and composition 
  • Editing 
  • Sound 
  • Mise en scène





Finger crossed I will see you tomorrow

Miss B xx

No comments: